I love showing you all the fun things you can do with a tempering unit....and Ive decided that I want to know what YOU would do with a tempering unit.
Before I give the details of this sweet prize...let me explain a few things....
When you see chocolate that has been molded into candies, or covering yummy treats (chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, etc.) ...it's either real chocolate that has been tempered, or a confectionary coating (think fats and wax). So, when you make candies out of little colored wafers...it's cool and all, but it's not real chocolate.
In order for REAL chocolate to be shaped and harden up with a nice shine, with a snap (not a bend)..it must be tempered.
Tempering is the process of heating AND cooling, to very precise temperatures, so that the chocolate will stabilize into it's original molecular state.
That might sound very geeky and weird...when actually, its super cool!
The Revolution 1 Tempering Unit is made by Chocovision, the leader in commercial tempering units. It retails for $429 when purchased at Chocovision, and I have seen prices as high as $700....Dove, typically sells this machine for $300, which is a steal!
For March only, the machine is part of a package deal....$154, and it INCLUDES;
Revolution 1 tempering unit
1.5 pounds of Dove milk or Dove dark chocolate
1 pound of Dove white chocolate
New Spring transfer sheets (cocoa butter designs for your chocolate)
This is a savings of $213 off the regular Dove price....and truly an amazing deal.
And this generous deal has put ME in the giving spirit....so.....
Im going to be giving away (free) the Tempering Unit & Candy Making Bundle
Here are the rules.....
1. You MUST post to the comments, what YOU would make with your new tempering machine.
2. One post per person, per household
3. Dove chocolatiers or Dove/Mars, Inc. employees are not allowed to play
4. Posts must be submitted by 11:59pm, PST, Saturday, March 20, 2010.
5. Winner will be randomly selected and posted on Sunday, March 21, 2011.
6. Winner must send me their mailing address (no PO Boxes) by Monday, March 22, 2011, 5pm PST, or a new winner will be selected.
7. Winner must live in the continental USA
So, tell me, if you win, what will you make with your Tempering Unit and Dove Chocolate Candy Making Bundle??? (if you need some ideas, scroll through my old posts on this blog)